There is a big difference between a house and a home. A house is any building that a person can inhabit. A home on the other hand, is a house that is special to you. Homes cannot simply be built, they are created either through time or by being specific to the wants of the owner.
We all have personal tastes and preferences. Our homes are a reflection of this. Whether you’ve spent the time creating the perfect home one renovation at a time or have found a hidden gem that meets all of your needs, pairing it up with the perfect location.
Without the ability to relocate homes, buyers faced a frustrating obstacle. Your dream home and dream location are not necessarily together. Instead, buyers are forced to compromise on both in an attempt to find middle ground.
We allow you to have your dream home in your dream location. We are theRemovable Homes and we move houses.
Your Home is Made of Memories. Take them With You.
Spending time inside of four walls does something special. It turns a house into a home. We all have an attachment to the places we live, and sometimes you can’t put a price on that. You might have spent years slowly renovating your home, choosing the right fixtures and furnishings, the right flooring and trimmings, and at this point your home just feels right. You’ve invested both emotionally and monetarily into crafting the ideal space for you and your family.
But with the constant developments in Auckland, the location of this home may no longer suit your needs. Perhaps you’re after a larger section to enjoy some rural living, or even the opposite – you’re wanting to move closer to an urban area, but purchasing a house in the area to match your current home is not possible.
If you already have your idyllic home, Removable Homes can move it to a location that suits your lifestyle.
A Helping Hand Onto Auckland’s Property Ladder
The cost of buying a home in New Zealand is ever rising and Auckland is leading the charge. Securing a home is harder than ever for first time buyers. Purchasing a relocatable home may be the opportunity they are looking for. The secret is to secure a section of land. Realistically, this section will most likely be in the outer regions of Auckland. Once a section has been secured, the sales team at Removable Homes can help you find the perfect home, deliver it and place it on a brand new set of piles. This route can be extremely affordable in comparison to purchasing or building a home. We understand first time buyers and make the process as simple and transparent as possible. Our sales team can recommend the best suited houses for your brand new site and our costs include the home, delivery, foundational piles and placing the home on them.
The lack of land closer to the city center can actually be an opportunity for first home buyers looking to work to a tight budget. Many sites are having homes moved off them to make way for apartments and high density houses. In these cases, the developer may be wanting to avoid a costly demolition by selling the home for relocation. The condition on these homes is often perfectly fine, the land underneath them is just worth too much for a single home.
Relocating a home onto a plot of land avoids lengthy build times, provides incredible variety, and is a fraction of the price to buying a new home. Time, money , and selection…what more could you ask for?
Process and Considerations
- Purchase a section of land – Many people start by looking for their dream home first, but we highly recommend choosing the right section of land first. It’s important to ensure that there are no covenants that restrict a relocatable house being placed on the location. A geochemical report needs to be done to assess the stability of the soil, and ensuring that there is easy access will ensure no hiccups in the process.
- Find your dream home – If you are planning on moving your current home, it pays to consult with Removable Homes to ensure that the site you are looking at is suitable for it. If you are looking to buy a relocatable home from us, we can also perform the due diligence to ensure it is appropriate for the site. This step in the process should be guided by a team of experienced house relocation specialists… thankfully, Removable Homes have over 30 years experience moving peoples precious homes
- Get All The Necessary Consents – We can help guide you through the process of getting all the necessary building consents. During this process, together we can work out the best position for your house on the site so this information can be drawn on your Certificate of Title. This will include details such as meters to boundaries, orientation, power poles and driveways.
- The Move – The moving of the house will usually occur at night to ensure minimum traffic, providing a nice clear path to easily move the home. Depending on the size of the house, it may be moved in sections and joined together once on site. Removable Homes will place the home on it’s brand new piles, join the sections together, and then your home is ready to go!
- Utilities – The final step is to get the contractors in to connect your plumbing and electrical. Depending on the location of your site, the size of this job may vary.
How Much Does It Cost To Move A House?
The cost to move a house varies based on the size and complexity of the house. When purchasing a house to relocate from Removable Homes, all of our prices include the sale of the building, the delivery, and placing on the piles. The cost for moving a house ranges anywhere from $25,000 to $150,000+ depending on how many sections of the house will be moved. Removable Homes has experience moving everything from humble 1 bedroom homes to complex, multi storey villas.
As with any construction project, there will be costs associated with building consents and building certificates. Removal Homes are more than happy in assisting with the administration of all the relevant permits and consents needed to relocate a home.
We Take Care of Your Precious Asset
It is a common concern that people’s homes may be damaged in the moving process. Removable Homes has over 30 years experience in moving homes in Auckland and across New Zealand. We run an efficient operation, and know the best practises to ensure that your home is delivered to its site undamaged.
When moving home, it is always recommended to update your insurance for the delivery, just to make sure that you are covered. We have a long track record of successful house moves, but it always pays to ensure that you are covered in any unexpected circumstances. We take careful care in moving your home, we know how precious it is to you, and our high level of experience allows us to assure you that your home is in safe hands
If you’re looking to move your home, talk to the team at Removal Homes, let our sales team guide you on the perfect home for your needs and your site, and our 30+ years experience in the industry to deliver your relocatable home safe and sound!